At St. Peter Catholic School, we know how vital it is to keep the lines of communication open at all times. Ongoing communication with our parents is very important to us. We encourage the flow of information among parents, teachers, and the administration. Please inform the school office of any changes to your address, email or other contact information. In addition, if your email or contact phone number changes, please make these changes to your Edline account also. Teachers use this information to maintain contact with parents.
Please use the following means to obtain general school related information:
1. School Phone Number: 985-892-1831 (You may speak to the school secretary or receptionist for general information). The office phones will not be answered between 2:15 p.m. and 2:40 p.m. During this time period, all attention is given to the safety of our students as they are dismissed from school. If you need to make alternative transportation arrangements for your child, please be sure to call before 2:15pm!
2. Administrative Office Hours: The standard office hours are Monday-Friday, excluding school holidays, from 7:30am – 3:30pm.
3. Plus Portals: https://plusportals.com/StPeter
4. Our school website: www.stpetercov.org
5. The Cafeteria Number is 985-871-7135. The email is email@example.com.
Telephone messages will be delivered to students only in emergency cases. We ask that you make every effort not to call the school office to have messages delivered to your children. Please make arrangements before your child leaves each morning. Students will be allowed the use of the office telephones only in emergency situations.
At the beginning of each month a calendar of events and a lunch menu will be posted on Plus Portals and our website. A Principal's Weekly Newsletter is posted every Wednesday and sent to the email that has been provided to the office. Any communications which need to go home and cannot be posted will be sent through the youngest child unless another child is designated by the parent/guardian. Graded papers are sent home on Wednesdays to be signed and returned the next day (if requested by the teacher). All materials prepared by parents for release to the parish or school community must be approved by the Principal or his/her designee before said materials are posted or distributed to students.